Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > Suite 6.3 and 4.5 updates
Suite 6.3 and 4.5 updates

4912 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: 2014-10-29 04:13:39

•   Level 3   
    (85) points
    LvR
    2014-07-01 21:40:25
     The 6.3 update was offered and I allowed the installation of it on my PC - great I though.

Then 4.5 version for the 802 was offered and I selected and installed that successfully only to get stuck.

In the past after the 4.x updates got applied the other individual updates were checked and applied - now 4.5 indicates sucessfull application and then get stuck with a static (for hours) progress-bar when checking the individual components.

So I though my card may be damaged and tried using a new card - 4.5 gets installed on the new card and new individual components gets offered and installed  (good I thought) only to discover that 4.5 keeps being offered every time I then check for updates - I have not downloaded and installed ALL of the individual modules on my new card

Thus it would seem there is some problem with 4.5 - anybody else (yes I have tried uninstalling the whole thing and installing afresh)

•   Level 5   
    (289) points
    Astrowiki

2014-07-02 19:04:21 (Reply to:LvR)

I've had no problems on this end. The 6.3 update seemed a bit slow but it was successful. Have you cleared the updater via firwall or virus program? That could be the problem.

•   Level 3   
    (85) points
    LvR
    2014-07-05 09:34:47 (Reply to:Astrowiki)
     Are you an Autel employee and are you in fact running the mentioned 6.3 version of the software as I mentioned?

I have spend many hours chasing stupid suggestions only to discover the problem is the 6.3 version of the software - any and every PC I installed it on demonstrates the same funky behaviour here. Been checking the Autel sites and only version 6.21 is downloadable - no mention anywhere of 6.3 at all so how come? ................... was 6.3 pulled?

Removed all of the 6.3 Autel suite software from my PCs and installed the OLD 6.21 and problem solved - updates happen just as expected.

Why was 6.3 offered and applied if its funky and where is it now?

•   Level 5   
    (289) points
    Astrowiki

2014-07-05 21:22:29 (Reply to:LvR)

No I am not an emplyee and yes, I am in fact running the mentioned 6.3  version of the software. I started the updater 6.21 and it showed up on the updater(it was the only thing showing up on the update window). I downloaded it... It then updated to 6.3. The updater does seem to have some quirks still. It set there for a while so I decided to close the updater, once I did that I asked me if I wanted to stop the update. I told it no and it immediately started updating after that.

•   Level 3   
    (85) points
    LvR
    2014-07-05 22:16:03 (Reply to:Astrowiki)
     Thanks - yes my story goes along the same success lines for only the first update of the 802 SD card after 6.3 got installed - if I stop 6.3  and remove the SD card from the reader afterwards, the next time I start 6.3 with the 802 SD card the 4.5 system update is once again offered even though I have just apparently successfully applied it ......................... and then as per my first post.

Its interesting to note that since I have gone back to 6.21 and started/stopped the software many times, the 6.3 update has not once been offered to me

•   Level 5   
    (289) points
    Astrowiki

2014-07-06 02:48:23 (Reply to:LvR)

Forgive me for asking, when you remove the card do you  use the "safely remove" feature when disconnecting?

•   Level 3   
    (85) points
    LvR
    2014-07-06 03:59:17 (Reply to:Astrowiki)
     Yes I do - when I first encountered the issue I though I must have missed it last time and that it was a finger problem of mine.

Still have not again been offered the 6.3 update despite starting and running 6.21 probably 15 times over the last 24 hours now

•   Level 5   
    (289) points
    Astrowiki

2014-07-06 04:44:16 (Reply to:LvR)

I'm going to do an uninstall and see what's up on my end. BTW, hat is the download speed you are using and system software version?

•   Level 3   
    (85) points
    LvR
    2014-07-06 05:34:44 (Reply to:Astrowiki)
     I find both 6.21 and 6.3 to allow around 10MB+ per minute even though I am on a 20Mb/s line so its actually slow but still usable - running DSL on W7 64.

"System software" .....................?

•   Level 5   
    (289) points
    Astrowiki

2014-07-07 01:59:09 (Reply to:LvR)

Well you have the speed. System software on your computer that you are using. Vista, xp what? BTW. did a reinstall 6.21 is now being used. For some reason the 6.3 version must have been pulled. I'll see what happens in a few days.
  Total2 Pages